First post

Hi.

This blog is about a Do-It-Yourself CNC Laser engraver project I'm currently working on. Later on I might write also about some other things.

I'm a Finnish hacker, 26 years old at the time of this writing. For those who got scared: with hacker I don't mean an internet criminal. It just means I like to repurpose electronic devices or use their parts to make something else. You can just say 'nerd' if you will.

My plan is to build a laser engraving machine that is made mostly from recycled parts and to document it in case someone else is interested.

I'm planning to make the blog a bit like a manual / tutorial, so old posts will probably get edited along the way as I get more knowledge & have more time to write.

Currently I have no idea how often I will get to update this blog and when the thing is going to be ready. But like they say: live for the journey, not the destination... No, I'm just kidding. Fucking hippies.

One thing that makes the project very interesting for me is that I have no previous experience with lasers, or any mechanical builds. I have worked with electronics for years now and I'm fairly good at programming, but I'm sceptical expecially on how good mechanical build I will be able to pull off.

What sets this CNC build apart from the many others you can find from Google is that I don't have access to any wood/metalworks equipment. I have this crazy plan to build the whole thing out of garbage. Time will tell if I succeed in it, or if I eventually decide to get some custom parts.

So, this is what this blog is about. Stay tuned. Meanwhile I'll go bust open some electronic garbage.

ZF

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laser diode driver circuit

Gutting printers for steppers

Gutting a DVD burner for it's laser